Saturday, December 10, 2011

New Obsession: Being Sick and Watching Arrested Development (and WHY did it ever get canceled?!)

My immune system is awful... I'm sick pretty much all the time.  Luckily for me, being sick goes hand-in-hand with watching Netflix on Nyquil all day.  (Don't judge me, Nyquil was all I had and I didn't want to go to the store to get Dayquil.)  Also, extremely lucky for me is the fact that Arrested Development *cough cough cough cough cough cough THEBESTSHOWEVER-EVS-EVS cough cough* is on Netflix.


For those of you that don't know, Arrested Development can be summed as such : Level-headed son Michael Bluth takes over family affairs after his father is imprisoned. But the rest of his spoiled, dysfunctional family are making his job unbearable. Taken from IMDB.  You also know it has to be good because it's rated 9.5/10 stars. HOLLA.

True, as this is the weekend before finals week... I probably shouldn't be sick and I probably shouldn't spend all my time watching Arrested Development, but I'm taking the honey badger approach to this whole thing.


My theory is if I dress up like a honey badger to class, while taking my final, I automatically win.

Anyway.. back to ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT!  
This show came out in 2003 and ran until 2006 on Fox.  During its time, it was widely unknown, ignored, and under appreciated due to its jolly imperfections and comedic genius.  Mainstream America (and 6th grade me) just wasn't ready for that kind of sitcom.  

This video says a lot about why Arrested Development wasn't so popular its first time around:


As America's humor morphed and matured, Arrested Development was re-discovered and sorely missed.  
  
Word is, TV execs realized they made a mistake and are actually producing 10ish new episodes in late 2012 ALONG with a feature-length movie to be released in early 2013.



  In the meantime, everyone should catch up on the first 3 glorious seasons that were originally released.  I'm going back to bed but I'll leave you with this:



No comments:

Post a Comment