Friday, January 27, 2012

The Blog Scene

The decision for me to blog came only from others' decision to blog.

Blogging really is such an interesting thing, because it is a way to compile information and personal experience in one approachable and easily accessible place.  There are blogs on literally any topic, so there is something for any reader.  Blogs can be educational, inspirational, entertaining, or my favorite - all three!

Today I want to give a shoutout to some of the interesting blogs that I typically read:

Already Pretty is an inspirational and fun blog about the beauty of fashion and life.


Nerd alert: The Freakonomics Blog is a place where basic economic principles and culture come together. 

College Fashion is a fun website for college aged girls.  Clothing, homestyle, and culture trends are highlighted.  My apartment bedroom was even featured on their website here!

Kendi is a quirky young lady from Texas who blogs about how to find your own unique style, with an emphasis on remixing your wardrobe.  

Food Fitness Fashion is a blog following the life of Alli, a masters student and newlywed in Boston whose life revolves around living healthfully and joyously.  She is one of the inspirations behind my deciding to run a marathon! 

You, Me and Charlie is a blissful collection of happy things.  All kinds of happy things. 

The Consumerist is a sassy blog of consumer tales.  I view this one mostly as a source of humor.  

In it to Win it! is a blog hosted by Lizzy, a crazy amazing athlete (swimmer turned runner and triathlon-er) who is really such an inspiration when it comes to fitness goals and pushing yourself.   

Food Gawker.  Drool.  Sort of like pinterest, but with only pictures of food (which you can click on to get the recipe), so it's easier on your ADHD tendencies.  


...And those my friends, are just the blogs that I view on a regular basis that I would definitely recommend.

Enjoy fabulously!






1 comment:

  1. I had never heard of most of these. I went to Already Pretty and just read several pages. Loved it! Thanks for posting about it!

    And yes. Foodgawker. I spend hours a day (when I have time) clicking through those pages! Haha.

    ReplyDelete