Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mad Men, Miles, and some Motivational quotes

Warning: hodge podge post. 

Life lately has been swell.  

I'm obsessed with these people:
(The cast of Mad Men)
Part of me wishes I lived in the 60's.  I would have been one of the business women that all the men hated and tried to demoralize - yet failed.  And I'd do all of that while looking ever so dapper. 


Another thing I'm obsessed with?  My economics of law class.  Which isn't necessarily about economics or law, but it is really interesting.  I entertain myself in that class by finding everyday parallels, even if it's a stretch.  Example: "Your face is a negative externality.  The socially optimal outcome is that you wear a bag over your head."  Applying game theory to boys and their weirdness is similarly fun.  

Some countdowns:
21st birthday in 6 days
LONDON in less than 2 weeks 
Marathon in 53 days
So much to look forward to!

Marathon training is going swell.  I built up to 16 miles on Saturday and have an 18 miler this weekend.  It's so weird to think that one year in high school, my new years resolution was to "be able to run a mile without stopping".  I actually even get jealous now when I see other people running when I'm not. 

These past couple of days have been rough for me because I've been sick and had to skip workouts, but I'm trying to take care of myself and get better by resting.

And as a part of my "feeling better" regimen I made banana "ice cream" - just a frozen banana blended up with Hershey's dark chocolate syrup. Sooooooooo good!

Annnnnnnnnd here's just some random things that I like, and things you might like too... :)












Stay fabulous!

1 comment: