Saturday, February 04, 2012

Pippin's Post

Many of you may know that there is a special man in my life named Pippin.  This post is dedicated to him.


I acquired Pippin from the San Diego Sea World in June of 2009 and he has been a blessing to my life ever since.  

There were many penguins to choose from, but I knew I could only give my heart to one.



And then Pippin caught my eye.

I rescued him from the cold, bitter winds of the gift shop and placed him upon a shelf in my heart. 

We became instant friends.


We went everywhere together.  It was sort of like Andy and Woody from Toy Story.  Except I was 18 and Pippin was actually real.  

I would do anything for Pippin, even if it meant fighting this flight attendant for not giving Pippin the ice he needed to survive a long flight.




...That's the look of a sad and non-iced penguin.

Pippin has been known to get a little crazy when he isn't iced properly, turning to the unsustainable pleasures of this world.



Which is why I have to remember to give him his daily ice cube.  

Pippin is the best penguin a girl could ask for.  Sometimes I even wish that I was Pippin.  

Oh! What a life it would be, waddling around and getting your cheeks squeezed because they stick out like swollen grapefruits.  

To date, I have dressed up like Pippin for Halloween on 2 separate occasions.  



While many other penguins have made their way into my life, none has stuck around like my dearest Pippin.

Not Ke$ha penguin...

Nor Charlie Sheen penguin...

Nor Lady Gaga penguin...

Nor the penguins from Madagascar...

...They all left me, but I know that my Pippin never will.

The point of this post is none.  Except that I have a penguin named Pippin, and he's better than you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment