Friday, July 27, 2012

Googling Some of My Biggest Questions

I'd like to start off my blog post about questions with, ironically, a question:  With the existence of Google, why would you *ever* have the excuse to have an unanswered question?  No more!  I've decided to take a stand against the un-answered-ness.  My wandering musings will be resolved!  So here's some random questions that have been bouncing around my head lately...
 
Q:  Why do people hate Call Me Maybe?  It's such a good song. 


A:  First, can we pause and reflect on the fact that this song has a Wikipedia page?  Amazing.  As far as hating the song goes, some insight is provided by ever-profound website, teen.com as they outline the stages of loving and hating Call Me Maybe.  Very insightful.


Q:  Why are sheer button-down shirts so trendy right now?  They're ugly...


A:  Wearing sheer clothing is always a bit of a risk; it guarantees you'll be the center of attention."  (More)    Meh, no thanks... I'll find another way.

Q:  Why isn't there a coffee cup that you can eat?


A:  There is. (Evidence)

Q:  Why do people always ask where you go to college?


A:  "Whenever someone asks me what college I went to, I instinctively do this trick where I actually fall asleep with my eyes open. It’s amazing!"  (via Thought Catalog)  Not exactly an answer, but I like it.  Very acceptable.

Q:  Why do hedgehogs cost $200?


A:  Hedgehogs are a fairly new kind of exotic pet - they have only been domesticated for 20 years or so. They also are fairly short-lived. Therefore, the population of domestic hedgehogs is very small compared to other pets that have been available much longer.

The gestation period of a hedgehog is about 35 days, and the mother devotes another 5-6 weeks to the babies before they are weaned. Although this means a female could have 4 litters per year, good breeders will only breed them twice per year in order to let them recuperate from the demands of pregnancy and motherhood. Litters are much smaller than those of rodents (4 babies on average), and females are retired from breeding at 2.5-3 years, which means that each female only has around 20-24 babies over the course of her life. The mortality rate of babies is about 30%, so the actual number of babies that are sold is less than that. Hedgehogs are also unreliable breeders. The chances of pregnancy and the number of babies in a litter tends to decrease during fall and winter.  (Source)


Q:  Why, oh why, did I not study abroad?


A:  I thought I'd miss out on something in Kirksville.  And I could write a blog post about this topic alone, but then I stumbled onto this post from a girl, who seems all-to-similar to me (right down to the trotting to southern France part).  And I realized all hope is not lost.

Q:  Why is Chobani so popular?  Everyone at Target eats Chobani.  All the time.


A:  From a business standpoint, Chobani offered a differentiated product in unique packaging, at a lower price point... and then let its consumer define the brand (according to Fast Company).  From a health/taste perspective, Chobani has a richer taste and higher protein content than other yogurts on the market. 

Q:  On a scale of 1-10, how legit is the website Penguins4Sale?


A:  Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment