Sunday, July 01, 2012

The End of a [Blonde] Era

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

And it was a really fun 4 months.  Just to name the highlights...

I got into Cardinal Key:


I turned 21:


I went to London for spring break:


I had several good times with a Huge Group of Girls:


I ran a marathon (I wore a hat, but there's blonde hair under there):


I went to Las Vegas:


I went to France:


And I started an internship with Target in Minneapolis:


...And I did this all with my blonde hair.  But it has come time to part ways.  Like I said, it was a good 4 months.  But it's time to get back to my roots (haha literally).  (Plus, brunettes look great with a good tan, and I've been hitting the lake a lot recently).

So a little background on the blonde... Being of Native American, Irish, and Welsh descent, there was about zero percent chance that my genes would line up to give me naturally blonde hair.

However, growing up in the 90's and 2000's, my two childhood idols were Britney Spears and Elle Woods. Both blondes.  And I wanted to be blonde too.




So a couple of days before my 21st birthday, I decided I was going to make it happen.  I was going to "go blonde".  I remember doing a 12 mile training run in the morning before my hair appointment, and the time literally flew by because I kept thinking about my awesome new blonde hair.  Like, my dream was like, totally coming true!

And yeah, it was fun while it lasted.  I'll always remember these last 4 months as the "blonde era" of my life. 

That being said, I LOVE being a brunette.  And it's good to be back :)


'Murica!  And brunette hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment